I hope everyone had a good, relaxing weekend, I know I did! I went to visit my godmother/aunt in Atlanta and stayed with her family, we got mani-pedis, ate amazing food and just generally had an awesome time. My aunt also has a very cool blog about organizing, called Neatsmart, definitely go check it out! On a more serious note, today’s post is about something that I think is really important and a topic that not enough people out there address.
For many years I struggled from a lack of confidence. It’s not a fun experience. As I got older I realized that this was an issue I needed to overcome. Confidence is extremely important to becoming the person you want to be and often a strong determinant of success. To be confident, one of the most important qualities that you must have is self-acceptance. I know I’m not the only person out there to have suffered from low self-esteem so here are some tips that helped me become more accepting of myself, thereby increasing my confidence:
- Know that you are loved. First of all, you have to realize that there are people out there who love you for exactly who you are, you are not perfect and that’s okay! No matter what always remember that there are people out there who care about you deeply and that is all you need.
- It really doesn’t matter. Knowing that you are already loved means that you don’t have to make everyone love you. You actually can’t. I promise, so never worry about what any one else thinks about you. Be YOU, do what you think is right, wear the clothes you love and don’t apologize if you aren’t a clone of everyone else.
- DO NOT under any circumstance, ever, for any reason, in any situation compare yourself to someone else. This was such an issue for me and seriously it doesn’t even make sense. You can never be like anyone else because you are YOU and you don’t want to be anyone else because you are amazing! Become the best version of yourself, not anyone else.
- Figure out who you who you want to be. This is probably easier said than done, learning the kind of person you want to become is a life-long process. However it’s hard to tell whether or not we’re making any progress if we don’t have any guide lines to follow. So sit down and think about where you are now and what you want to change. We all have the potential to become the best version of ourselves, but before we can do that, we have to figure out what that version actually entails.
- Take care of yourself. I know I’ve already talked about this before but, seriously, it’s important. To feel and look your best you have to get sleep, exercise, and eat healthy at least 80 percent of the time. Accepting yourself will be so much easier if you make feeling good a priority. If you haven’t ready my post on why it’s important to take care of yourself, go check it out!
Let me know what you guys think!
Have a great week!